Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
1. More calls are made on Mother’s Day than any other day of the year.
2. Mother’s Day is the third highest selling holiday for flowers and plants (behind Christmas and Hanukkah).
3. One of the earliest Mother's Day celebrations was in Ancient Greece.
4. Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year in the restaurant industry.
5. Woodrow Wilson signed Mother’s Day into law in 1914.
6. In 2018, over $23 billion dollars was spent on Mother’s Day.
7. Most popular gift is a greeting card.
8. Carnations are the symbol for Mother’s Day.
9. On average, people spend $133 on Father’s Day compared to $196 on Mother’s Day.